Mesothelioma Lawyer

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Bad Lawyer Says "Goodbye"

ADSENSE HERE
I started the Bad Lawyer blawg in August of 2009 as my career, reputation, and life seemed to collapse.  Well, the first two collapsed, amazingly with friends and family the latter did not.  As painful as it has been this may prove to be the "good old days," I just need to learn to accept.

At that time I wrote because I was unable to sleep or get any relief from an abysmal depression and panic attacks I was suffering as I fearfully grappled with my disasters and the consequences caused by my conduct.  So in large part I wrote in a pathetic bit of self-pitying and as I was often accused by certain commentators, rationalization. 

In the last two years I documented the course of my disciplinary process (although not completely because I'm still in the midst of it), my legal proceedings, my prison sentence for attempted tax evasion, my probation and finally my return to work.  As I write I do not know if I will ever be reinstated as a lawyer.  I don't want to be grandiose, but I did view the law as a calling, one that I often loved as an advocate, hated as a unwilling businessman, but was privileged to practice from November 1982 till December of 2009.  As we say in AA, I've "turned that over,"  the question of reinstatement although I am forever indebted to the amazing attorney, Lester, who has done so much for me, pro bono, to try to help me through these thickets.

I liked "blawging" because it offered me a soapbox to try to be socially relevant despite my situation.  You should never doubt that the stories I posted about "bad" lawyers, judges, doctors, drivers, parents, idiots, and morons--these stories, were always about ME.  Likewise, I posted the occasional story about admirable persons in and out of the law, these were stories also about me, as well.  Or rather, I should say the stories were about--who I aspire to be by the grace of God. 

I have some other things, other projects, and a life with my family to live.  I'm now letting go of the "past" absolutely. 

Thank you for reading and commenting on Bad Lawyer.  There are a lot of great law blawgs: ABAJournal, Above the Law (when they remember that the law is mostly not "big law"), Simple Justice, Grits for Breakfast, How Appealing, Point of Law, the Agitator, Overlawyered, Injustice Everywhere, the WSJ Law Blog, and many others which I plan to continue to follow and comment at, in my nom de guerre, Bad Lawyer.  Maybe I'll chat with you along the road. 

Good bye. ADSENSE HERE
 

Arsip Blog